CoolChaser.com Layout by CoolChaser
CoolChaser


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

March 28, 2011

Hey well things here are doing great. I guess I will answer your questions first.


How is your spanish? Do you even have to concentrate on it any more or is it pretty easy for you?



M
y spanish is getting better and better each day. I can talk alright but I still have a hard accent and am still translating directly so it isnt always right. I can understand close to everything and am working on getting better each day. I did give a talk in church last week I hope people were able to understand me but who knows.
Did you talk to the YW president and ask of they wanted to do the pen pal thing with us? We have already done ours so I hope they will respond.  Should I send it pouch, or if I email it can you print them off? They have pictures of the girls and stuff.
No I havent talked to her.Idont remember cause it is about a week away so I dont remember. I will write it down in my planner and will hopefully remember. But they dont have a mail system here so the mission is the only way to get things places so when I leave then you wouldnt be able to send it to them. So I dont know how you want to do it.
Have you been able to take a picture for your plaque or do you want me to just use something I have here?
Just do something there. Or take one of the pictures that i have uploaded.
What do you usually have for lunch and dinner? Do they have Mac and cheese type stuff there or do you still do the chicken & rice stuff?
Lunch I have a few different things depending on what happens sometimes I have hotdogs, spaghetti, rice and beans, just depends or burgerking. It is in our area so everyonce in a while we go there. Or to colmadoras they cook so we get rice and beans and chicken there which is good. Then for dinner i dont do much. we dont take time out to eat dinner so we just eat when we get back so i usually have peanut butter and jelly sanwhich. or something easy. I am always eating a lot of fruit too cause it is cheap and realy good. And there is a bakery by us that sells bread that is way good.
So it all kind of depends. They have name brand stuff but it is really expensive. There is a grocery store we go to that is just like an american place called jumbo so they have everything that you need it is kind of like a walmart supercenter but not as big.
What about candy and cereal etc? Do they have any of he same brands there? Craving anything from home?
Ya they have a lot of the same candy and stuff. but not as much of a variety and it is expensive. The cereal that is american is way expensive so I just get the dominican stuff. I crave stuff everyonce in a while but not horribly. I loved the package and everything in it. I dont think I can send stuff like that through the pouch and to send stuff through something else cost alot so probable wont be worth it.
I do need a few more things like 3 more white shirts. I forgot to bring some more and need about 3 more. And there is a cd called tribute to nashville and it is church songs in country music that is really good  that would be nice to have.
The weather is getting way hotter during the day and still chilly at night but.I have to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
What about candy and cereal etc? Do they have any of he same brands there? Craving anything from home?


La Romana is a safe city. there is only one plact that is somewhat dangerous and that is only at night and you can avoid it easily so it is not a big deal. I havent felt threatened at all.
We are teaching a lot people andhave been working hard on trying to find the chosen people ready to hear the gospel. we are teaching some good families and are hoping things turn out good for them. Wendi came to church yesterday and has a baptism date for the 9th. We are really trying to get his wife animated but she is very catholic and has doubts.
Then we have a younger man Yan carlos or John carlos who is a reference who has gone to church 3 times and really likes it. He has a lot of friends in the ward. He should be a great investigator but he is only open saturdays so we cant teach him very often. But we are trying and he is reading and keeping commitments so we are excited about him.
We have really been trying to get people to come to church and feel the spirit that is here but it is hard to get peple to come. But the people that want it and are chosen will come so it is a good way to find the ones prepared.
That is about all that is happening from the DR I hope all is well with you guys and hope that you are all doing good. Have fun in st george, and enjoy the sun though I think that I am getting enough sun for the all of us here. Keep strengthening your testimonies in the atonement of Jesus Christ and try to understand what he really did for us. The more we understand the more we will want to obey the commandments and return to our father in heaven. Love you all.
con amor
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment