CoolChaser.com Layout by CoolChaser
CoolChaser


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 23rd His first Transfer

Buenas Dias,

Well yesterday we got the call for transfers. I am leaving to go to the capital. I forgot the name of the place but it is the north east part of the capital. I really wanted to stay but dont really get to pick. My new comp is Elder Peña he is Dominican but doesnt know any english, so I will be thrown more into the culture then I have been. He is going home next transfer so by the end of next transfer I will have 5 comps in 5 transfers. It is kind of hard to get used to teaching styles and everything so it makes it difficult to change so often, but it will be good for me to get my spanish better. Elder Correa taught me a lot this transfer and I will get to apply the things to my mission. We really got along.

Well the weather here has been rainy. I think it was last tuesday when it started raining just a little bit at first but then eventually we had to run into an apartment building to get out of the rain. It rains unbelievably hard. We were stuck in the apartment building for over an hour waiting for the rain to stop. Some lady let us in her house so we were talking to her and her family for a while. The wind was blowing really hard too, and it even started hailing. It was quite a storm. It blew over 4 or 5 power poles so there wasnt power for a while. But the streets and everything were flooded for a few days. It was crazy. Then it rained really hard sunday right after church started so the people that usually show up later didnt come and we didnt have a great turn out for church. But Gladys and Gabriel and the 2 granddaughters came so that was good.

The area is going good. Gladys and Gabriel and the two granddaughters of gGladys are getting baptized next weekend which is geat. I wish i was here to see it but Elder Correa said he would send me the pictures. They were interviewed and everything and will be great members. Gabriel really is already part of the ward. I think he even has had an itnterview with the bishop. hHe will be a great addition to the young mens program.

We have some other great investigators that I hope will progress towards baptism and receive all the blessings that come with the gospel but you never know. Not a lot of people came to church this week cause of the rain. We were still trying to find new people and trying to help them recive the gospel but we are having trouble finding a lot of people who are willing to go to church. But there are always people looking for the truth even if they dont know it so we are really working hard on helping the people get to church so they can feel the spirit.

Well that is all from La Relpublica  I hope all is going well for everyone you are all in my prayers. Love you all and thanks for everything.

con amor

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment