CoolChaser.com Layout by CoolChaser
CoolChaser


Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2nd

Buenas de La Republica

How is everything going in the states? I hope well. Everything here is going well. We had a baptism this last weekend and it went really well. Lizkaren will be a strong member. You really can already tell the difference in her. The holy ghost really does illuminate people. She is so happy too, her grandma also. The whole service went well and you could definetly feel the spirit. It is going to be nice to have someone in the new members and investigators class that can share real strong testimony for the investigators there. We lost 2 new members last week to new callings that kind of dwindled our class but with her it will be strong again. I dont have pictures right now but i will try to upload them next week.

My mission president is a great man. I dont know him very well but you can tell from when you meet him. Because I am in La Romana I really dont know what goes on around the mission very much besides when I talk to friends but I dont have a lot of time for that. I was interviewed once right when I came in and one other time then that is it for him cause he is leaving in june. We have at least one meeting a transfer with him sometimes two. But I dont know him very well.

We are teaching some great people still. Gabriel and Gladys the son and mom are still progressing. Gabriel is ready to be baptized and asked us if he could get baptized earlier but we have to wait till he turns 18 or untill his mom wants to get baptized. He turns 18 the first of june so he will either be baptized this month or next month. I think we can get the mom to be baptized she has all the right questions and she is open so I think we can get the spirit working in her and get that desire to follow Jesus Christ.

We havent been finding a lot of new people wanting to go to church and progress so we have really been working hard on trying to get people to attend church then start teaching them it is a lot easier for them to understand our message after they have seen how the church runs and the spirit that is there. We had one new guy go to church this week so we are going to go over there and start to teach him today. He said he loved church and I think that he will be open to the gospel.

For pday today we went to the marvalas caves or cueves la maravillas, it was a way cool cave that had a lot of awesome stuff and rocks and paintings. But we werent alowed to take pictures so that kind of stunk but we did get a brochure.

Well i cant really think of anything else to say for this week. Oh but I do get to call home this week which will be great to talk to the family. I am excited for that. well I hope this email finds you all in great spirits and in the path of the lord. I love you all and pray for you all daily. Keep working hard on gaining a stronger testimony of the savior and always be learning more. When you arent learning you are declining.
 love ya all.

con amor

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment